Friday, September 19, 2008

4 - Strange grammar.

I wrote this little unpolished piece in both German and English grammar. Good excuse for me to work on my translation skills anyway. ;)

GERMAN GRAMMAR:

She look me at and sighed.
"I know not, what we to do should," said she. "She is tothe times confused. She must fear to have."
"Wait now-- since when is this problem our problem? She is not my daughter. I have never-times thisfor joined," laughed I.
"Come on! You know, that you to me help will. You are suchlike trained."
She looked yet-times me at. She smiled, but also looked she a bit scared out of. And she had correct. Yes it was not my problem, but when I a problem have, then is she up, me to from the ledges to save. And solike with her. It is alone our nature.
"Everything what shocks me is, that Ginny something solike to do would. I believed always, she never-at-times in that trap of sixteen-year-olds to trip would," said I, as I into the harbor onlooked.
"Things happen. Girls make poor decisions."
"I know, but she is now a girl, who a statistic is. She is that girl, that we at the supermarket see, who thought, that "it was only first time" a good excuse to be would, and I mean, that possibly she thought, that she never-at-times to other people to say would, that it only bythe first time was.
"Mean not, that she others that to tell would!"
She laughed, and I knew, that everything what happened is, that would all better to become.

ENGLISH GRAMMAR:

She looked at me and sighed.
"I dunno what I should do," she said. "She very confused right now. She's gotta be scared."
"Wait a second-- since when this problem our problem? She's not my daughter. I never signed up for this," I chuckled.
"C'mon! You know that you're going to help me. You're trained like that."
She looked at me again. She smiled, but she also looked a bit scared. And she was right. Yes, it was not my problem, but when I have an issue, then it's her turn to talk me off of ledges. And it's the same way for her. It's just our dynamic.
"It just shocks me that Ginny would do something like that. I always thought she'd never fall into that 16-year-old trap," I said, looking out into the harbor.
"Things happen. Girls makes poor decisions."
"I know, but now she's a stastic-- she's that girl. She's that girl who we see at the supermarket. The girl who always thought that 'it was only the first time' would be a good excuse. She probably that that she would never tell others that it was her first time.
"I don't think she'd tell others that."
She laughed, and I know that everything would be better by the time the sun set.

5 comments:

Michael. said...

... My poor English. Why would you do something like that? What did she do to you?

Michael. said...

Also, sorry to post under your story, but mine has some weird formatting that Blogger will have none of. Is there an easy way to do this, aside from just giving out the actual document?

Michael. said...

... And then there were two?

Duke said...

She stabbed me when I was sleeping. Crazy bitch.

Also, if you use Word 2007, you can up the story directly to Blogger (New > New blog post.)

Also...what formatting are you using?

Michael. said...

I'm using the old Windows. Font colors and text boxes. Are the two of them no longer? There's no prompt, too... :(

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. My computer is currently no more.