Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My god this is horrible.

For this prompt, which was to write a "bad" story, I decided to do a couple of things. One: write like a fifteen year old mallrat would. Two: don't proofread anything.

I dunno how it happened but I couldn't believe that Rachel was kissing Nick under the staircase. I sat there in the rain holding myself waiting for my mom to come pick me up. She was late. As usual. I brushed my hair from my eyes are stared up into the rain and felt it washing away all the pain. They never did see me but the bench was hard. My bag was hidden beneath the bench protecting it from the rain. My phone began buzzing. It was my friend Jennifer. She was still up strairs taking a make up math quiz and wanted to know where I was so we could go get some pizza down the road. I told her to meet me in the lobby and we went to Sal's Pizza. Sal's was good because it had a deal where you could by two slices and a soda for three bucks. I pulled out the loose change from my pocket and hadnded it to Sal who was running around the whole shop. Jennifer sat down and I did too.

"Lizzy you look like you've been crying" said Jennifer. "Are you okay?"
"I'm alright but I can't believe what Rachel did to me. She knew all about the whole thing with Nick and stuff."
"Yeah I know she's such a bitch. Well you know we're gonna see her at the mall later tonight. We'll just leave her alone when she comes up to us. You know that Joe, Steve, and Kelly all love you. Theyd do like anything for you."

I smiled at Jennifer and pulled my sleeve over my hand. Jennifer took a pen and started writing on her jeans. Probably something about her boyfriend Joe and I took a big bite of my pizza.


--

I jumped on Steve's back in front of Pretzel Time and this old woman gave us a lot. I dont understand why people give me and my friends dirty looks. Were really nice and fun so I dont get it. Steve is like my big brother. Hed do any to protect me.

Then Rachel came running at us all and I hid behind the crowd. Jennifer started causing a scene when a mall cop on a segway came up to us and told to leave. "You kids are a group of five. Not permited. He said,.

Rachel texted me later that night at Daras house sayuing that she didn't know why she was mad at me so I told her that she should just know. I laied down on Steves lap as we started watching our favorite movie Donnie Darko and fell asleep.

When I woek up I hoped everything wood be better.

3 comments:

Michael. said...

Lol this is REALLY GOOD you can really feell like you're totally a part of the story! I TOTALLY know what you mean about those old lady bitches in the mall, their so ANNOYING!!! and the segway cops too!!!

I like Steve

Duke said...

ISNT STEVE THE BESTEST? HE LOVES ME HED DO ANYTHING FOR ME

Jill said...

Oh wow this was such an amazing story! Teh drama at the beginning was really intense and I could just feel all of Lizzy's sorrow and pain and sadness. Omg Rachel is SUCH a bitch. She totally deserved it when you guys were mean to her at the mall. And I can't even believe she had the nerve to TEXT Lizzy after. Wow. Awesome job on creating such a deep character! In fact all your characters were so deep and realistic. I totally connected with all of them. And I agree with Mike, Steve is a great friend. Or maybe more! You'll have to write a sequel and tell us!!! WAY TO GO STEVE!!!!!11!!!!!1!